“Chance to win one of two double passes to see The Gruffalo Wednesday 14 September 2016 at 6pm”.
Return to the competition entry form click HERE
Participation in the Competition
1. By participating in the Competition, the Participant agrees to these Terms and Conditions.
2. To participate in the Competition, the Participant must be an Eligible Person who submits an Eligible Entry during the Competition Period.
3. Eligible Persons may enter the Competition as many times as they like only during the Competition Period with new proof of purchase for each entry.
4. To enter the Competition, the Eligible Person must during the Competition Period:
Visit the Theatre’s Facebook page available online at https://www.facebook.com/TheQ.QPA/
b. find the Facebook post for The Gruffalo Trivia Sweepstakes Competition;
c. Fill out the competition entry form with Name, Phone Number, Email Address and answer the question ‘Which character discovers the Gruffalo?
5. The Competition will be conducted at The Q – Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre, online at https://www.facebook.com/TheQ.QPA/ during the Competition Period. The Competition will end on expiration of the Competition period.
6. The Competition is only open to Eligible Persons, and eligible persons of 18 years and over.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of any Participant (including a Participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Participant who does not comply strictly with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. If requested by the Promoter, a Participant must provide the Promoter with evidence of eligibility. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. There will be two (2) Prizes and two (2) winners of a Prize (Prize Winner).
9. The Prize is not transferable, refundable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash and must be taken within the time frame specified By The Q – Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre.
10. Each Eligible Entry by an Eligible Person will be entered into the Competition.
11. The first two (2) Eligible Entries selected in the absolute discretion of the Promoter will win the Prizes. The selections will take place at 11:00am on 12 September 2016 at The Q – Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre.
12. If a Prize Winner is under the age of 18 years, the parent or guardian of the Prize Winner who gave permission for entry into the Competition will be deemed to be the Prize Winner for the purposes of the Competition.
13. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify the Prize Winners by telephone or email to arrange delivery or collection of the Prize.
14. If despite reasonable efforts the Promoter is unable to locate or contact a Prize Winner does not make contact via phone or email to firstname.lastname@example.org within one (1) day after the winner is decided, another Prize Winner will be drawn at 3:00pm on 13 September 2016 at The Q – Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre Office. Any subsequent winner will be notified in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
15. The Promoter publish the results of the Competition on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheQ.QPA/. By participating in the Competition, the Participant gives their consent for their personal details to be published in the manner prescribed in this clause if they are the winner of a Prize. .
16. A Participant claiming to be a Prize Winner will be required to provide proof of identity.
17. The Promoter’s decision as to a winner of the Prize is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the conduct of the Competition or otherwise.
Other General Terms
18. All Competition entries are the property of the Promoter.
19. The Promoter Entities and Facebook shall not be liable (including, without limitation, in negligence) for:
a. any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss); or
b. any personal injury suffered or sustained, during the course of participating in this Competition or using the Prize/, except for and to the extent that any liability cannot be excluded by law.
20. Each Participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter Entities and Facebook against all claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses suffered or incurred by the Promoter Entities or any third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Participant, the conduct of the Participant in the Competition or the use of the Prize by the Participant.
21. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority (if any) to:
a. disqualify any Participant; and/or
b. modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
22. The Competition is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The Participant agrees that Facebook will not be responsible for any claims, losses, damages, costs and expenses of any kind associated with this Competition and releases Facebook to the full extent permitted by law.
23. Any information provided by the Participant in this Competition is being provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
24. Under the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), the Promoter must notify Participants of certain matters when it collects personal information about them including how it plans to use or disclose it. If a Participant chooses to enter or take part in the Competition, the Participant will be required to provide the Promoter with personal information about themselves such as the Participant’s name, telephone number and email address.
25. The Promoter will collect, use and disclose the personal information which the Participant has provided for the purpose of carrying out the Competition (including as described in clause 20 in particular and in general for notification and promotion of Prizes).
26. By entering the Competition, the Participant consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his or her personal information in the manner outlined in these Terms and Conditions.
27. If a Participant would prefer that the Promoter does not use or disclose the Participant’s personal information in the way outlined in these Terms and Conditions and/or retain their personal information for the purposes described herein, the Participant should contact the Promoter on (02) 6285 6290.
28. A Participant has the right to access, in most circumstances, personal information which the Promoter holds about the Participant. A Participant may contact the Promoter on (02) 6285 6290 to ask for access to the Participant’s personal information, or if the Participant has a complaint concerning a Participant’s information privacy. The Promoter may deny the participant’s request for access in some circumstances. If the Promoter does this, it will tell the Participant why.
30. If a Participant considers that any personal information that the Promoter holds about the Participant is inaccurate or if at any time the Participant’s details change, the Participant may contact the Promoter on (02) 6285 6290 and the Promoter will take reasonable steps to ensure that such personal information is corrected. The Promoter will take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
“The Q – Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre” means The Q – Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre located at Lowe Street Car Park, Rear of 253 Crawford Street Queanbeyan, NSW.
“Competition” means the opportunity to go into the draw to win a Prize in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
“Competition Period” means the period from the time of the first Facebook Post for the competition to 11:00am on 12 September 2016.
“Eligible Entry” means an entry which complies with the requirements of clause 4.
“Eligible Person” means an individual who:
a. is a resident of Australian Capital Territory or New South Wales;
b. if under 18 years of age, has a parent or guardian’s permission to participate in the Competition;
c. is not a Non Eligible Person; and
d. submits an Eligible Entry.
“Non-Eligible Person” means the following:
a. Employees of the Queanbeyan- Palerang Regional Council or Board Members of The Q – Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre;
b. Stakeholders of the Council;
c. suppliers, associated companies and agencies of the Council;
d. the employees or contractors of the persons and entities in paragraphs (a) – (c); and
e. any spouse, child, de facto or any other person living at the same premises as any of the persons mentioned in paragraphs (a) – (d).
“Participant” means any person who participates in the Competition.
“Prize” means one (1) of two (2) Family passes to see The Gruffalo kid’s Show in The Bicentennial Hall, Wednesday 14 September 2016 at 6pm or any substitute prize of a similar replacement type and value as determined by the Promoter.
“Promoter” means the The Q – Queanbeyan Performing Arts Centre.
“Promoter Entities” means the Promoter, all associated companies, advisors and agencies and all those entities’ personnel.
Return to the competition entry form click HERE
Back to the Top